Chocolate PB Coconut Protein Bites
When it comes to adding protein to your diet, every bite counts! These delicious protein bites are loaded in energizing ingredients that will keep you going. Perfect for an easy on-the-go snack, paired with coffee or your favourite hot bevy. Best part, the ingredients are easily interchangeable. Mix your fave flavours and ingredients to get the protein bites you love best.
Protein Bites for the Win!
Protein bites can provide a serving of protein for your muscles, plus a serving of carbs for energy. This recipe uses whey protein – a highly bioavailable source of protein. That means your body absorbs most of the protein consumed. Whey protein provides all the essential amino acids required by the body, that are used to build muscle, keep the skin firm and our hair and nails looking luxurious.
Vegan or Veggie? Instead of whey protein use a plant-based protein blend that delivers a mix of different plant proteins. It’s important to use a blend to ensure you get the fully complement of essential amino acids plus you’ll get fibre too.
Nut Butters Give Us the Good Fats
Nut butters often get a bad reputation for being so calorie dense, but those calories are good calories! Nut butters deliver a dose of good healthy fats that the body needs to perform many functions, including keep our heart healthy.
Nuts are also a source of insoluble fiber. In fact most of the calories that are included in a nut are not absorbed fully! The fibre slows down digestion, helps clean out the gut and is packaged for removal.
Although each nut gives a slightly different nutrition value – they all deliver these benefits. Consider eating more nuts, whether packed in a protein bite or loaded on gluten-free toast! Find out more about nuts here!
What’s In These Protein Bites?
This recipe provides an energizing, protein boost; have these for a quick on-the-go breakfast with your morning coffee or an afternoon pick-me-up or a pre-workout boost. Here’s what you’ll need.
Almond Flour – An alternative to gluten flours, almond flour will add some bulk, plus it’s high in vitamin E and good-for-you fats.
Whey Protein – Protein is an important component of a healthy diet, adding high quality protein will help you meet your daily needs, while supporting lean muscle gains.
Natural Peanut Butter – I prefer the crunchy version to give more texture to these bites, but smooth works just as well. You can also use a different nut butter if desired, such as almond or cashew.
Dark Chocolate – dark chocolate can provide a source of flavonoids, a super antioxidant that can protect the heart, and help control cortisol release.
BOOST YOUR ENERGY WITH THESE HEALTY SMOOTHIES
Here’s a few more energizing smoothies to try:
How to Make These Protein Bites
Just combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until fully blended. Then it’s time to get your hands dirty! Roll this mixture into medium sized bowls until smooth. Dip in melted dark chocolate and roll in desiccated coconut. Pop in the fridge to firm up! Enjoy!
Chocolate PB Coconut Protein Bites
- Double Boiler
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Large Spoons
- Wax Paper
- 100 grams Vanilla Whey Protein
- 125 grams Almond Flour
- 125 grams Natural Peanut Butter Crunchy
- 50 grams Coconut Oil
- 50 grams Maple Syrup or Agave
- 50 grams Dried Cranberries
- 100 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 125 grams Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Mix Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup, Almond Flour and Whey Protein Until Fully Blended.
- Add Dried Cranberries, Mix Throughly.
- Set Aside, or in Chiller to Bind the Ingredients.
- Melt Chocolate Using Double Boiler, Reduce Heat.
- Place Coconut into a Bowl.
- Prepare Protein Balls - Rolling into Bite Size Round Balls.
- Dip in Chocolate Until Fully Covered. Roll into Coconut!
- Vegan? Switch the whey protein to plant-based protein.Not a fan of vanilla – switch it to chocolate!
- Allergy to peanut butter?Switch to cashew or almond butter instead.
- Not a fan of dried cranberries, use raisins or dark chocolate chips instead.
- Don’t have time to dip in melted chocolate?Roll in cocoa powder or just desiccated coconut instead.
Until Next Time…
Be Fierce & Rule the World,